Treasures of Italy - Small Group, Preview 2022
Treasures Of Italy – Small Group, Preview 2022
Explore Italy’s historic cities, villages and scenery, as you meet skilled artisans, musicians and Local Experts along the way.
- Lake Iseo: Learn about this historic winery, passed down through the generations, and taste its latest vintages.
- Rome: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with your fellow travellers at a uniquely Roman local restaurant.
- Italian Lakes: For your Dine-Around Evening, you are offered a selection of hand-picked local restaurants to choose from, each with its own distinctive ambience and cuisine.
- Venice: Cruise to the charming fisherman’s island of Burano to enjoy a delicious Celebration Dinner with wine and new-found friends.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfast (B), 5 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Florence: Choose between a visit to the Accademia Museum with an art historian to see Michelangelo’s David or alternatively, wander through the market stalls on a guided shopping tour.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing and watch artisans create delicate works of art.
Make Travel Matter
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practised by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices.The workshop advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities. The workshops master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century. Every visit helps to support the workshop and the survival of this traditional craft.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Admire the classic Italian countryside views of Umbria, the rolling hills of Tuscany and the beauty of the Italian Lake District.
- Rome: Discover ancient treasures of Rome with a passionate local. See Circus Maximus and the Ancient Forum, and stand besides the Colosseum, which bears witness to the limitless courage of the gladiators.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Isle of Capri: Discover the luxuriant Caesar Augustus Gardens with a Local Expert and admire views of the Faraglioni rocks.
- Florence: Enjoy panoramic views over of the city and see the Florence Cathedral. During your guided walking orientation, see the bell tower, Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit Piazza della Signoria.
- Cinque Terre: Led by your Local Expert, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, travelling by train and boat and dedicated time to explore one of the five charming fishing villages.
- Portofino: Get a taste of the ‘sweet life’ when you visit this elegant fishing village.
- Venice: Delight in the magic of this charming city as you are serenaded, travelling through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to the Eternal City of Rome
VIP Vatican and Rome with a Local
Ancient Pompeii and the Isle of Capri
The Isle of Dreams
The Autostrada del Sole to Florence
Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance
Cinque Terre and Portofino to Santa Margherita
To Venice with Wine along the way
Venice and the Magic of La Serenissima